“How does He know my name?”, I thought.
He had touched my back with hands so gentle and soft as wool. I turned, wondering who it was that dared touch such filth as I.
“I’m here for you. You are Mine!”, He whispered with a smile plastered on His lips.
I looked into His eyes and in there, I saw passion. I saw light. I saw love like I had never seen.
Tears welled up in my eyes . . .
“You don’t know me“, my voice cracked. “I’ve done unthinkable things. I’ve been with several men. I’m nothing but tra—“
“—but loved. You’re nothing but loved“. He said with concern in His voice.
I didn’t know who this man was but whoever He was, He was definitely melting my heart.
I closed my eyes hoping to wake up from my dream. I mean, it seemed too good to be true.
To be continued . . .
It’s February — the month of love!
Surprise businesses, gift stores and poets are buzzing my DM with flyers about their ‘For Him‘, ‘For Her‘ packages and ‘How I should engage their service to write a poem for my loved one‘.
Don’t get me wrong. It’s cute and all. But you know what would be cuter? If people actually understood what love truly is.
Love is more than the wishy washy feeling and butterflies in the stomach. It is deeper than you think.
In this post, I’ll be sharing the true meaning of love. You’ll see it through the lens of the greatest love story of all time — the love story of you and God.
I know you’re interested already. Let’s get right into it.
What Is Love?
The person who refuses to love doesn’t know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can’t know him if you don’t love.John The Beloved
More like, ‘Who is Love?’
Love is a person and He is God. God is Love. Love is who He is and love is what He shows. What better person to hear it from but John The Beloved? He experienced Love first hand and was quite intimate with Love’s gift to humanity — Jesus.
What did Love do?
- LOVE GAVE YOU A GIFT. Many years ago, Love gave you a priceless gift. He sent His only Son to take your place and save you at no cost. All you have to do is believe in and accept His Son into your life (1 Jn. 4:9-10 AMP).
What a weighty sacrifice for a little request, don’t you think?
- LOVE RESCUED YOU. This sacrifice wasn’t a show of power. He didn’t die so that everyone will give Him credit like many of us would have loved.
His death and resurrection had great significance; rescue from sin, shame, death, fear, your past,etc. Most importantly, He gave you everlasting life. What a super power!
- LOVE IS WITH YOU. You heard me right! If you accept Him, you get to have Him live inside of you. Even in times, you don’t feel Him, He’ll be there (Matt. 28:20b AMP).
How to Receive Love
- Invite Him in. This is the first step to receiving Love. It’s not going to be like any ‘love’ you’ve ever felt. This love is lasting. Trust me, you don’t want to put this off till later (Rom. 10:9-10 NIV).
- Love Him back. Have you ever been in love? I bet you could not stay away from your love for long. You wanted to breathe in the air they breathed, see their smile every moment and tell everyone about the way you felt. Oh well, same applies to God. Spend quality time with Him. Talk with Him about everything. Find out more about Him by studying the Bible and praying everyday. Tell everyone you know about Him.
Go on this Love walk with Jesus. Trust me, it will be worth your while.
If you’ve not experienced love, now is a good time to. It’s pretty simple. Just say this prayer:
Please forgive me of my sins
I believe that You died for me and rose from the dead.
Please come into my life to be Lord and Saviour
And if you’ve experienced love once but somehow, you ditched it? You can say that prayer too.
Receive God’s love today and watch the pages of your beautiful love story flip seamlessly.
I know you’ve been inspired.
Who do you think the introductory story is about?
I’ll love to hear from you. Do share your thoughts with me in the comment section below.
HINT: It’s a true story.
Keep your eyes out for my next blog post.
Oh! Share everywhere too so that your friends who need to read this don’t miss out.
Love is more than the wishy washy feeling and butterflies in the stomach. It is deeper than you think. #gloryinspiresClick to Tweet
Love is a person and He is God. God is Love. Love is who He is and love is what He shows. #gloryinspiresClick to Tweet
Go on this Love walk with Jesus. Trust me, it will be worth your while. #gloryinspiresClick to Tweet
Leave a Reply